BACALAO AL PIL PIL (COD), an important dish of the Mediterranean Diet
March 13, 2017
BACALAO AL PIL PIL (COD)
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PORTIONS
800 gr. Cod (clean and salty)
5 dl. Olive oil
4 Units Clove of garlic
1 Units Piquant (peppers)
1 teaspoon Chopped parsley
HOW TO PREPARE THE PIL PIL COD
– Clean the cod and cut it into 8 pieces of 100 gr. Soak for 36 hours or more, depending on its thickness. Change the water every 8 hours.
– Remove bones.
– Warm the oil in a frying pan, add the sliced garlic and the red pepper (piquant) removing them when they are browned.
– Remove the pan from the fire.
– Keep the garlic and the red peppers (piquant) to one side.
– Put the cod into a pot of cold water on the stove and just before the water begins to boil, remove from the heat.
– Drain the cod and keep some of the water just in case.
– Arrange the pieces of cod, with the skin downwards, in an earthenware casserole.
– Add the oil, but not too hot (At about 90º C).
– Stir the casserole with a clean piece of cloth until the sauce thickens (15-20 minutes).
– Add some of the water left over from the cod if the sauce gets too thick and keep on stirring until it mixes well.
– Decorate with the sliced garlic and the piquant.
– Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).