March 25, 2017
A healthy heart is something that you can look for before it’s too late
You just need a bit of consciousness, perseverance, some knowledge and a positive attitude to learn new habits that will help to maintain healthy not only your heart but your entire body. Some tips to prevent cardiovascular diseases are:
1. Keep a healthy, balanced diet (Mediterranean diet)
Some basic guidelines for a balanced diet are:
- Eat at least five portions of different types of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Eat whole foods
- Avoid consumption of salty foods.
- Eat healthy fats in moderation and limit consumption of saturated fats and enzymes.
- Reduce consumption of sugar in beverages and foods.
- If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation
- Do not consume more calories than needed to maintain the correct weight.
- Ban trans fats (present in most manufactured food products)
2. Implement an exercise plan
To keep your heart healthy, this organ should work. Don’t forget that l the heart is a muscle that must be kept in shape. And become aware that if you already have a heart problem, it is important to follow the exercise program given by your doctor.
If it not the case, prepare an exercise program, following these tips:
- Establish a time and place
- Be prepared
- Have fun
- Avoid overtraining
3. Avoid Stress
Stress is bad for your health, especially for the heart. To minimize it and have a lifestyle good for your heart, you can follow these steps:
- Try to sleep enough and best
- Do not take much caffeine.
- Live in the present and stop worrying about the future or regretting the past.
- Allow yourself some time off: You should take at least 15 minutes a day to get away from everything and calm the mind, taking a walk, meditating or napping. “Siesta” is a good Mediterranean habit.
- Enjoy with your friends. Laugh. Make love. Feel the beauty of life.
- Be diligent. Do not procrastinate.
- Be a good person. Feel well with yourself
4. Control periodically your health. Cholesterol, blood pressure, risk of diabetes, etc.…
5. Give up smoking!